Grilled salmon is a delicious and healthy option for any meal. By adding a blackened seasoning, you can take it to the next level with a burst of flavors. In this tutorial, we will guide you through the process of making blackened salmon on the grill, ensuring a tasty and satisfying dish for your next BBQ or family dinner.
For the blackened seasoning:
– 2 teaspoons paprika
– 1 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1 teaspoon onion powder
– 1 teaspoon dried thyme
– 1 teaspoon dried oregano
– 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
– 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the salmon:
– 4 salmon fillets
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– Lemon wedges for serving
1. In a small bowl, combine all the blackened seasoning ingredients. Mix well until evenly blended.
2. Pat the salmon fillets dry with a paper towel to remove excess moisture.
3. Brush the salmon fillets with olive oil on both sides, ensuring they are well-coated.
4. Sprinkle the blackened seasoning generously on all sides of the salmon fillets, pressing it gently to adhere.
1. Preheat your grill to medium-high heat, around 400°F (200°C).
2. Place the salmon fillets directly on the grill grates, skin-side down.
3. Close the grill lid and cook for about 4-5 minutes, or until the bottom of the salmon is well-seared.
4. Carefully flip the salmon fillets using a spatula, ensuring they don’t stick to the grates.
5. Close the lid and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork.
Serving and Enjoyment
1. Remove the salmon from the grill and let it rest for a couple of minutes.
2. Squeeze fresh lemon juice over the top of each fillet for added brightness.
3. Serve the blackened salmon hot with your favorite sides, such as grilled vegetables or a refreshing salad.
4. Enjoy the juicy and flavorful blackened salmon, savoring the smoky aroma and the combination of spices.
Tips for Success
– Ensure your grill grates are clean and well-oiled to prevent the salmon from sticking.
– Adjust the cooking time based on the thickness of your salmon fillets, aiming for a slightly pink center.
– Experiment with different wood chips or charcoal to enhance the smoky flavor of your blackened salmon.
– Feel free to customize the blackened seasoning to your taste preferences by adding more or less spice.
By following this simple tutorial, you can easily achieve a delicious and restaurant-quality blackened salmon on the grill. Impress your family and friends with this flavorful and healthy dish that will undoubtedly become a favorite in your household. Happy grilling!